It’s Stacey again, writing the notes! Thank you so much to Cyn, Joel, Sharona, and everyone else who “took care of business” last month. You guys did an excellent job!
This month, the meeting theme was “tools.” Specifically, our favorite quilting/sewing tools. Quite a few people brought in some very interesting items. Here’s a list:
- Sharona: self threading needle (and she gave a demo!)
- Dan: hera plastic marker for quilt marking
- Kristen: Clover marking pens, also for quilt top marking
- Deanna: Re-purposed surgical instruments, specifically a surgical sponge holder and needle forceps for getting into tight spots and all sorts of other uses
- Margaret: blue paint tape from Scotch/3M for straight line quilting
- Cyn: contact paper for templates used in quilting the top (Mary Mashuta’s method), non-slip Creative Grids ruler
- Geri: templates for paper piecing hexagons. (Can’t find a link for this one!)
- Lauren: fabric glue for all sorts of “make it work” moments, batting tape that joins smaller pieces of unused batting to make a larger piece
- Dan (not the man): measuring tool that helps convert inches to centimeters
- Birgit: the library!
- Stacey: favorite metal Clover thimble
*By the way, the links provided above are not endorsing places to order from, they are merely for informational purposes! Always check your local quilt store first!
You can see lots of great photos from the meeting over on Flickr. Some of the things discussed were:
Lauren’s cupcakes. Birgit’s impatience with binding (and all things “precise”). Dan’s (not the man) latest “creation.” Dan’s (the man) awesome new quilts. Ellen’s new line of fabric, created with her mom, Cathy. Spoonflower. Lauren’s antique, embroidered mandarin skirt and how to display it. Deanna’s new studio and the possibility of sew playdates. Purl Bee’s Tie pattern. Anna Maria Horner’s Taxi Tote. Judi Blaydon‘s tomato block.
What did I leave out? Ah yes, adding your blog feed to the Facebook page and the web page. To do so, you must first complete these steps:
- Attend at least 2 of our meetings! They’re held the last Tuesday of every month. Check the calendar for more info!
- Join Networked Blogs on Facebook
- Let me know by writing on the group wall.
- Add your feed to the website by clicking on the button in the right side of the blog and leaving a comment.
Next meeting is Tuesday, May 31 from 6:30 until 8:30 at New Pieces in Berkeley. See you then!