This month, I’m on the ball! It’s only been 2 days since the meeting and I’ve gotten all the photos up on Flickr and this blog posted! Yeah! Beating last month’s “report” by about 2 weeks!
Ah, I love accomplishment. Well, I had nothing accomplished for this meeting, but many others did. You can see they’re wonderful handiwork over on Flickr. Please leave comments and tag yourself if you’d like!
What was discussed:
- The East Bay Modern Library – oh yeah, we didn’t discuss it during the meeting, but Margaret has agreed to take it on, so if you have any books you’d like to donate to the group, pile them on her! (Just kidding, please, don’t scare her away!)
- A possible new challenge fabric collection coming our way….stay tuned!
- Interest in a combined EBMQ and Bay Modern retreat? YES! (Hear that, Adrianne? BTW – we missed you!)
- Modern Quilt show? Birgit’s working on it! Info will be posted on the Facebook page as it happens!
- Quilter’s Quest Shop Hop
- Pinterest. Know it? Love it.
- Deanna shared some thread knowledge learned from her quilting class with Jill Schumacher: 60 weight on top, 50 weight on the bottom, and silk if you want it to look gorgeous! Also, use dissolving thread to do trapunto.
- Quilt-as-you-go: Dan’s using the methods described on The Quilted Edge. (Her blog is awesome, check it out!)
That’s it until next time! Last Tuesday of the month!
3 thoughts on “East Bay Modern Quilt Guild Meeting – September 2011”
I hear ya!! I missed you guys too. Hubs was outta town. Waaaaah! Tuesday nights are tough. I love looking at all the pictures. All the quilts are so amazing!!!!!!! You guys rock. : )
FYI, the BAMQG Retreat Committee had our first meeting yesterday (10/30/11) and it’s on!!! We’re working out a few details in the next week or so, but we’ll definitely be in touch when we have a confirmed date and location. Yippee!
So exciting! Thanks for all your planning and let us know when you’ve got some dates!