I’m going to keep this post short and sweet and just hit the high points of the meeting. That way, I might actually this finished! To see more, check out the photos over on Flickr.*
- The big news is that EBMQ is having our first quilt show! The show will be held in Piedmont during the first 2 weeks of February. This will mean that we won’t get to be post-holiday lazy and we WILL need to do some WORK during January. Entries are on a first come, first placed basis. So, if you want to enter, come to the November meeting with a checkbook! For more details, stay tuned here and to the EBMQ Facebook page. Thanks to Birgit for taking so much initiative here!
- For those of you Flickr users who aren’t already members, East Bay Modern has a group, so join up! There’s also groups for our past challenges, Habitat and Robert Kaufman solids.
- There seems to be some difficulty for people interested in coming to our meetings as to how to find out when they will be held. The answer is that they are always on the last Tuesday of the month and Sharona, the owner of New Pieces Quilt Shop, generously lets us use the class-room at the back of her store. Thanks, Sharona! Meetings start at 6:15 and go on until about 8:30 or 9. You can always find out about the next meeting by checking under the “Events” section on the Facebook page. (You can see this page, even if you’re not a Facebook member or user.)
- If you’re interested in learning how to do long arm quilting, you can now take a class over at California Quilt Machines (8705 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, California, 95624, 855-685-2645). Alison is going to try it out and report back…unless I beat her to it! They don’t have a web page yet, but they do have a fax machine. (Did you hear the sarcasm there?)
- The Quilter’s Quest Bay Area shop hop is on. Don’t you need more fabric? I know I do! Get more info here: http://www.newpieces.com/classes-detail.php?ID=209&mth=2.
*I apologize if I forgot or got your name wrong – that’s what happens when I wait a couple weeks before typing up the notes! I promise to try to do better next month.
See you in November!