Sew, Stacey is with helping her mother in Virginia and everyone was stuck with me running the meeting. I guess I didn’t do to bad since no one got up and left:)
Anyway, we have a lot to go over so let’s get started.
- We collected a lot of fabric for SAVE (Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments). It is a shelter for people in domestic abuse situations. For sanitary reasons, all new people get a new pillowcase. They get to take the pillow case upon leaving. SAVE needed more fabric and our guild really rose to the challenge…great job everyone!! We will be continuing to collect fabric at the June meeting for anyone who was not able to participate this month.
- We have summer sew dates scheduled!! June 23, July 28, and August 25 at the North Berkeley Library from 2-5 in community meeting room 3. Bring your machine (and possible a power strip/table top ironing board) and a project. It’s gonna be a great time:)
- Quilt Con is coming to Austin, TX in February of 2013. Amelia Terry is offering to organize people on Google for those interested in going to Quilt Con. Maybe we could partner with some other bay area guilds and have a big Bay Area group to hang with? Please contact Amelia (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get on the Google group:)
- Amelia would also like to have a 3 part viewing of the documentary “Why Quilts Matter“. This would happen in the fall. I only saw a small portion of the the documentary (which is 9 1 hour episodes) and it was fascinating. Stay tuned for more on that.
- EBMQG’s own Margaret Glendening won the Sew Mama Sew Fat Quarter Idol Round 2 – Meet Me at the Picnic! She won a fat quarter bundle that she designed and Sew Mama Sew sold the same fat quarter bundle with her name on it. The bundles have already sold out, great job Margaret!!
- Kristen Takakuwa will be doing a beginner’s improv class at New Pieces. It is for all levels, the only prerequisite is being able to thread your machine. This is a great class for a teen or young person. The class is held over 4 Thursdays in August from 6:15 to 8:15 and students will have a finished quilt at the end.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. Stacey normally takes pictures and does the blog, but I am not Wonder Woman and technology confuses me…I am not sure how I run my own blog;) Joel was kind enough to take pictures and when he gets them on Flickr I will update the page. Thank you Joel!!!
UPDATE – Thanks to Joel Ignacio for getting the pictures loaded to Flickr. Here is the link to check out the amazing work people brought for show and tell. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeysplanting/sets/72157630125449082/
6 thoughts on “May Meeting – sans Stacey”
Bummed out I had to miss the May meeting, and it looks like I can’t make June or July either. See y’all in August!
You’re so good and fast, Lauren. Perhaps, you should always write up the meeting notes? I missed you guys last Tuesday! (But, I was probably busy sewing at the time, so there’s my silver lining.) I can’t wait to see Joel’s pictures and see what I missed!
Great recap, Lauren — Thank you!!!!
i thought you did a great job running the meeting, lauren! good meeting with lots of fun things to see and share. :)
Here’s the photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeysplanting/sets/72157630125449082/