Stitch Modern Update:
- We need pictures for the promotional postcards! If you have a quilt that you will be submitting, you can upload a picture to the Stitch Modern flickr group to be considered.
- Submissions must be completed by January 3rd. Forms are not completed yet, but look for updates here or on the EBMQG google group.
- A non-refundable $35 submission fee is required for each quilt.
- We will hang the show on January 28th, but we will need the quilt prior to the hanging. Two drop off sites and times to be determined.
- Opening night will be January 31st and the show will run 3 weeks.
- We are looking into working with a fiscal sponsorship. What this means is that we can hopefully raise money to help cover the various costs of the show. If people or companies are willing to donate money, they will have a way to do so. It is a way to route money and does not mean that the company providing the fiscal sponsorship “owns” our show.
Lots of great projects were shared during show and tell. Some highlights:
- Stacey told us about her Bojagi class at PIQF. You can learn more about it on her blog, here, or from the teacher herself, Youngmin Lee, here.
- Terri’s quilt was published in a collaborative book, Amish Quilts the Adventure Continues.
- Carol updates us with Quilt Market. She’s written several blog posts too, the first is here.
- Our lovely host, Kristine, is writing a book on natural dyeing! Can’t wait to see it published!
- Many of our members were still missing because of Quilt Market. I hope we get to hear from them at the next meeting!
Mark your calendars! A Verb for Keeping Warm is having their anniversary on November 10th. Lots of stuff planned, so stop on by! Also, our November meeting will be held at the store on November 26th. I’m sure there will be lots of updates for Stitch Modern and things to prepare so I hope you can make it, even if it is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving! Remember, there is no meeting scheduled for December.