Happy 4th of July!!! I have finally gotten a moment to sit down and tell everyone what they missed at the last meeting. It was a great time and there were some amazing quilts.
Sew, lets get started:
1. The sew date was a blast. Amelia said that the library people could not have been any nicer and the adjustable height tables were excellent. The biggest complaint…3 hours isn’t enough time when you’re having fun. Our next sew dates are July 28 and August 25. We hope to see you all there!!!
2. Quilt Con is coming!! We are still in talks about going as a group and/or maybe joining with other bay area guilds. Registration is August 30, 2012 and prices should be listed by July 9. If you want to stay connected to what the guild may or may not be doing, please contact Amelia (email@example.com) about getting onto the Google group.
3. The San Jose Quilt and Textile Museum is having a fundraiser. High Fiber will be October 20 and they are looking for pieces to sell. Textile art pieces priced under $500 (although the $100-$300 price range sells best) are put on sale with a large portion going to the museum. If you are interested in submitting works (up to 15) then check out this link. It would be great to see some modern work represented!!
4. The Pacific International Quilt Show is coming. The deadline for the PIQF is September 4, 2012 and the New Quilts of Northern California special exhibit entries are due August 10, 2012.
5. Sue Fox, a bay area long arm quilter extraordinaire, is holding an New Location Opening Party July 7 (2525 Eighth St #13C – Sawtooth Building) and an Indoor Yard Sale (2625 Eighth St) on July 7. Not only can you get a great deal on some sewing items, but you can check out her new space. For more information check out this link.
6. The San Francisco Quilters Guild is having their 2013 quilt show and has invited us to show our modern quilts as part of a special exhibit. This would include a volunteer commitment on our part, but we have never shyed away from this type of thing;). The show is the 2nd weekend in March and we will decide if we will participate at our July meeting. If you would like more information please contact Allison Schmidt.
7. We got a lovely thank you from SAVE. They really appreciated our donation and we collected some more fabric for their organization. Thanks to everyone who participated!!!
Thank you to Joel who took pictures, I will update when he gets them on Flickr. You are awesome Joel:)