It used to be that I would get home from an EBMQ meeting and type up my notes right away. Or by the next morning, at the latest. Well…it’s been about 2 weeks now since our last meeting, and I’m just now getting around to getting the pictures and notes on the blog. Sorry!!! Even more pathetic than that, is the notes I actually took at the meeting. Just a couple of words on a notepad because I was sure I’d remember everything that happened and I was going to type this up before I could forget. Well, it sure is a good thing I took some pictures to remind myself of all the fun!
We had a lot of new faces this month. I apologize again for my bad note-taking if I get your names wrong in the pictures. Please leave a comment to correct me! Also, if you’re a Flickr user, please feel free to tag yourself and your work in the photos.
A couple of other points raised at the meeting:
- For newbies: The best place to find information and interact with other East Bay Modern members in-between meetings is on the Facebook page. The blog features posts by members and meeting notes as well as a super map of all the fabric stores in the Bay Area, but it’s on the Facebook page that all the day to day chatter happens.
- East Bay Modern Lending Library – one of our newer members, Danielle, has donated some books for us. Anyone interested in making donations/heading up the library?
- What’s a Thangle?
- C&T/Stash Publishing – some great books!
- Karrie showed us her quilt for the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative and lots of folks were interested in making their own. Here’s what you can do!
- Just Announced! Modern Quilts at the International Quilt Festival! Let’s see how many East Bay Modern quilts we can get into the show!